San Antonio GEHA Rehab Coverage
If you are a GEHA member who is struggling with addiction, you may be wondering if your insurance covers rehab. The good news is that GEHA does cover a variety of addiction treatment services, including inpatient and outpatient rehab, medication-assisted treatment, and counseling.
In this article, we will discuss GEHA rehab coverage in more detail, including what services are covered, how to find a covered provider, and how to file a claim. We will also provide a list of resources for GEHA members who are seeking addiction treatment.
Confidential Addiction Helpline: (888) 510-3898
What is GEHA?
GEHA, or Government Employees Health Association, is a non-profit health insurance company that provides coverage to federal employees and their families. GEHA offers a variety of health insurance plans, including high-option plans, standard-option plans, and low-option plans.
GEHA rehab coverage
GEHA covers a variety of addiction treatment services, including:
Inpatient rehab is a type of addiction treatment that requires you to stay at a treatment facility for a period of time. Inpatient rehab programs typically last 28-90 days.
Outpatient rehab is a type of addiction treatment that allows you to live at home while attending treatment sessions. Outpatient rehab programs typically meet several times a week for several hours at a time.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a type of addiction treatment that uses medication to help people manage their cravings and withdrawal symptoms. MAT is often used in conjunction with other types of addiction treatment, such as counseling and therapy.
Counseling is a type of addiction treatment that involves talking to a therapist about your addiction and developing coping mechanisms. Counseling can help you identify the underlying causes of your addiction and develop a plan to stay sober.
How to find a covered provider
To find a covered provider, you can use the GEHA website or app. You can also call GEHA customer service or The Recover Addcition Helpline at (888) 510-3898
When searching for a provider, be sure to ask if they are in-network with GEHA. In-network providers have contracted with GEHA to provide services at a discounted rate.
How to file a claim
To file a claim, you can submit your bills and receipts online, by mail, or by fax. You can also file a claim over the phone by calling GEHA customer service.
When filing a claim, be sure to include the following information:
- Your GEHA member ID number
- The date of service
- The provider's name and address
- The type of service provided
- The cost of the service
Resources for GEHA members seeking addiction treatment
Here are a few resources for GEHA members who are seeking addiction treatment:
- GEHA website: The GEHA website has a dedicated page on addiction treatment that provides information on covered services, how to find a covered provider, and how to file a claim.
- GEHA customer service: You can call GEHA customer service to get help finding a covered provider, filing a claim, or answering any other questions you have about GEHA rehab coverage.
- SAMHSA: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is a federal agency that provides information and resources on addiction treatment. You can visit the SAMHSA website at https://www.samhsa.gov/ to learn more about addiction treatment and find treatment programs in your area.
- NIDA: The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is a federal agency that conducts research on addiction and provides information and resources to the public. You can visit the NIDA website at https://www.drugabuse.gov/ to learn more about addiction and find treatment programs in your area.
Find Help Today
If you are a GEHA member who is struggling with addiction, please know that there is help available. GEHA covers a variety of addiction treatment services, and there are many resources available to help you find treatment and get sober. Search our addiction treatment center directory and start recovery today.