Drug and Alcohol Rehabs in El Cajon
Alcohol is addictive, but not everybody who drinks alcohol will become addicted to it. However, some people in El Cajon may be more vulnerable to addiction than others. If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse contact an alcohol or drug rehab in El Cajon now and seek medical advice.
Also, residents should realize that alcohol addiction and abuse are two different issues. Alcohol addiction means a physical and psychological dependence on alcohol. People suffering from alcohol addiction may build up a tolerance to the substances, and continue drinking it even when problems related to alcohol become evident.
Conversely, alcohol abusers are not necessarily alcohol addicts, but usually, they are heavy liquor users who continue drinking despite the adverse outcomes.
Signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse include:
- Inability to control drinking
- Lack of interest friends or family
- Violent and erratic behaviors
- Obsession with drinking
- Decreased participation in extracurricular activities
- Loss of interest in school work
Like most other cities in the San Diego County, El Cajon most significant threat to public health is the widespread availability of illegal drugs. These drugs include opioids, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and legal prescription painkillers such as hydrocodone and oxycodone. Thousands of the city residents also suffer from these drugs addiction, including other hard drugs. Finding a San Diego drug treatment center should be your top priority if you or someone you know needs help. Call our 24 hour helpline and speak with an addiction specialist now.
Fortunately, there are hundreds of drug and alcohol rehabs in El Cajon, and close by cities in San Diego to fit the particular needs of any patient.
Why Is Drug Addiction Rehab Essential in El Cajon?
Addiction requires physical dependence on drugs, including emotional, mental, and spiritual factors. Although it may be possible for some residents in El Cajon to tolerate withdrawal symptoms produced by physical dependence, discontinuing the use of drugs doesn’t help to address the other factors that cause addiction.
Drug rehab programs involving recovery procedures in San Diego take a comprehensive approach to address every part of addiction appropriately. The programs help residents to get a deeper understanding of themselves, including their behaviors and acquire skills to help them remain sober even after completing their regular treatments.
Some few programs available to treat patients include:
- Inpatient rehab treatment
An inpatient treatment program allows patients to face addiction procedures in healthy and safe setups or environments. Safety centers will enable them to go through medical detox while monitored by professional therapists. Therefore, they can begin the recovery processes without the daily temptation of using drugs substance that causes addiction. Most inpatient programs can take place between 28 to 90 days, to allow a drug addict to perform full detox and start learning how to avoid relapsing.
The inpatient treatment program includes two more categories:
- Residential Treatment Center (RTC)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Inpatient rehabs are readily available in El Cajon, so most patients have high chances of locating an inpatient facility around their place.
Advantages and disadvantages of inpatient rehab treatment
- Since a health therapist usually supervises patients, the possibility of relapsing is minimal because they are in a safe environment.
- A patient appreciates a sober and safe environment.
- Patients will get inclusive individual and group therapy meetings.
- Patients obtain more unique treatment services which include yoga, workouts, acupuncture, meditation, etc.
- Patients will receive better support from the rehab staff to get and maintain sobriety.
- Patients won’t be exposed to stressful situations or anything that may trigger relapses.
- Patients have a higher chance of successful recovery if they get extended treatment duration with intensive services.
- Patients will obtain psychiatric and medical provision during withdrawal and recovery.
These benefits are essential for patients who have severe or long-lasting alcohol or drug addictions, along with physical or mental health conditions that co-occur in them. A rehab center in El Cajon that focuses on dual diagnosis can treat co-occurring illnesses.
Some of the disadvantages a patient should know before deciding on inpatient treatment program include:
- A patient lacks full interaction and support from family and friends.
- Patients will not have time for their usual duties and daily activities since they are involved in treatment for 24 hours daily.
- Inpatient treatment is expensive because patients use various rehab center facilities, and accommodation is also costly.
- Outpatient treatment program
This treatment is very flexible and always available since it doesn’t require patients to use the rehab center all the time. Many people like this option if they desire full recovery treatment, but need time for their daily activities.
Features of an outpatient treatment program
Patients using an outpatient treatment program are more flexible since they can continue doing their work or family responsibilities as they obtain the necessary treatment. Since this treatment does not hinder their day-to-day activities, patients can keep their privacy levels.
There are different outpatient rehab programs. Each program relies on the primary goals of the treatment and the addiction being cured. Usually, the outpatient program doesn’t have a specific treatment time since everyone goes through procedure freely as they desire.
Most outpatient treatments take a 90 day drug rehab program or more. Usually, an addiction therapist will recommend the best time required for patients to complete the program according to their conditions.
Outpatient programs also provide networks in the form of official support groups that have individual or group counseling. This recovery method allows patients to apply any lessons they have acquired immediately in their life.
Advantages and disadvantages of outpatient rehab in El Cajon
- The structure of outpatient treatment can allow patients to continue their daily activities and duties such as school, job, caring for family and kids, etc.
- Outpatient treatment allows insurance cover policy, and it is a more affordable treatment.
- Many outpatient programs allow patients to interact with family members. Therefore, a family can understand the challenges a patient has, and he/she can receive better support.
- Patients will not receive full support as provided to inpatient treated patients.
- Patients can encounter daily life interruptions which can prevent them from focusing on recovery.
- Patients risk getting subjected to influences and activities in life that led them towards drug or alcohol abuse.
The outpatient treatment program is further categorized into an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). This program does well for patients with conditions related to co-occurring disorders of drug and alcohol addiction. To learn more about the top drug rehab centers in El Cajon California contact the customer support number provided.