Ask a Therapist: How to Manage the Holiday Season During a Pandemic [Summary]
The holidays are going to be a bit different this year, and we want to support you! In this Q&A, you’ll hear from our therapists about how to cope through handling stress related to the holidays and the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are looking for tips and suggestions on how to manage the holiday season during a pandemic, watch this video.
This video features a few of our staff therapists: James Colter, Kimia Moghadam, Don McCarthy, Taylor Mefford, Christy O’Shoney, Marissa Robinson, Lisa Gajda, Jonathan Basla and Director Joe Zagame. We want to thank everyone who attended and submitted your questions. Your participation made this such a lively and engaging event, and it was our pleasure to offer our support during this challenging time.
Questions answered during the Q&A
- How can we stay motivated and positive during this tough time?
- What advice would you give unemployed individuals who are dealing with the crisis of unemployment during the holiday season? How should they manage internal and external stressors?
- Is it bad that I feel a little relieved that I don’t have to host for my large extended family because of the level of anxiety that I was feeling due to COVID-19? However, I will miss my extended family.
- What would you recommend for supporting a young active-duty population who have been told they will not be allowed to travel to family if they live greater than 60 miles away from the base?
- Any recommendations on how to keep politics out of the holidays?
- How can I maintain healthy self-care habits as the weather gets colder?
- This has been a year of real hardship for me. I am not in the spirit of celebrating. How would you suggest I handle this holiday season?
- I recently lost a close family member and I’m grieving. How do I cope?
- Could you please give some recommendations to the single people who live alone under the strict restrictions? How they can stay happy and optimistic?
- Could you please give some recommendations to single people who live alone under strict restrictions?
/* check if google analytics tracking is disabled by user setting via cookie - or user must opt in. */
var analytics_code = "nnnnnn".replace(/"/g, '"' );
var html = document.getElementsByTagName('html');